iOS is an operating system that runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices.The operating system is based on the Macintosh OS X.The Designed for use with Apple’s multi-touch devices, iOS supports input through direct manipulation.The system will responds to various user gestures, such as pinching, tapping and swiping.The operating system will manages the device hardware and provides the technologies required to implement the native apps.The operating system will also ships with various system apps, such as Phone, Mail, and Safari, it will be provide standard system services to the user.
The iOS is a Software Development Kit (SDK ) but it contains the tools and interfaces needed to develop, install, run, and the test apps that will appear on an iOS device’s Home screen. Native apps are built using the iOS system frameworks and the Objective-C language will run directly on iOS. Unlike web apps, native apps are installed physically on a device and they will be always available to the user, even when the device is in Airplane mode. They reside next to the other system apps, and both the app or any user data is synced to the user’s computer through iTunes.
Other iOS features include:
1. Integrated search support enables simultaneous search through files, media, applications and email.
2. Gesture recognition supports, for example, shaking the device to undo the most recent action.
3. Google Maps direction services.
4. Push email.
5. Safari mobile browser.
6. Integrated camera and video.
7. Integrated media player.
8. Direct access to the Apple Store’s catalogue of applications, music, podcasts, television shows and movies.
9. Compatibility with Apple’s cloud service, iCloud.
Core topics of iOS App Development Online Course
Watch iOS App Development Demo Video